I did a bit of research on which program was the best for running windows scripts on my Mac and couldn’t really decide on which one to go with. For some reason, I hate just spending money on software unless I’ve used it a bit and know what it entails… Anyway, a colleague told me about this ‘alternative’ free solution that does the trick for me:
1. Download Virtual Box here: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
2. Find your disc image of choice here: http://www.modern.ie/en-us/virtualization-tools#downloads
– Go to ‘Download a Virtual Machine’ > Selected Desired Testing (Mac) > Selected Virtualization Platform (Virtualbox) > ‘Grab them all with cURL’ (put in terminal)
– Once this is fully downloaded, un-rar with Unrarx (Zipeg didn’t work for me).
– Once this is fully un-rar’d, double click on the ‘.ova’ file and you’ll be up and running in no time.
3. If you want to save files and such on your virtual machine – save a snapshot. If not, run whenever.